The Western Seed Association awards six (6) $6,000 scholarships each fiscal year to students pursing a degree in Agriculture/Agronomy. Scholarships are open to undergraduate and graduate students. Applications must be submitted via the online application form available on the WSA website, www.westernseed.org. An essay is required with the application.
After the closing date, applications will be reviewed, and applicants notified by June 30th if awarded or not awarded. Scholarship funds will be disbursed upon proof of enrollment and no later than October 1st. Students receiving scholarships will be recognized on the WSA website and in the WSA Convention program.
Students may apply for multiple consecutive scholarship years but may be awarded no more than one scholarship for one academic year.
The following is criteria for the scholarship:
- Course of study should be Agriculture/Agronomy related
- Outside activities should include some area of community service
- Student activities showing student's participation as a member and leader
- Goals and career plans upon completion of college
- Scholarship/grade point average and honors received should show student's aptitude for success
- Other criteria should include work experience, family need, and any additional relevant criteria
The applications process for 2023 is closed.